Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Jazz Singers

So I guess it was about a year ago when I first heard of Melody Gardot. She was tragically hit by a car and used music as therapy to recover from her very traumatic injuries. She doesn't wear sunglasses to try to look like a rock star. She is still sensitive to light from her injuries and has no choice but to wear them. I included two videos here. Both taken from the same Norwegian/Swedish talk show. for some reason they don't have shows like this in the states. At least i don't know where to find them. The first video is an interview where she explains a little bit of what she went through. The second is her performance. Lets just say I immediately bought her album after watching these a year ago. I was just reminded of them and had no choice but to share.

Just for the heads up it takes about 15 min to watch them both. I suggest watching the interview before the song.

The interview


The performance


since we are on the topic of jazz singers......
a bonus video......Kat Edmonson is a local musician in Austin that has been branching out but still very much local. Saw her once at a wine festival and left with the vinyl. Excellent album. Who knew I was such a Jazz fan. I have to thank Miles Davis and Stan Getz for getting me hooked.

2 comments:

  1. excellent post today jrock, enjoyed them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it again. Tuning into your blog is like tuning into a DJ on the radio. These two women are extremely talented. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete