Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Machete don't text"

Today I felt like I was part of a social experiment. You know you are about to see a pretty ridiculous movie when there are 10 grown men in a theater all by themselves and no one has a date. No one even brought a friend. I'm guessing they are in the same boat as me. All their friends are working and their wives/girlfriends refuse to see the movie with them. So you skip out on work and go during the day when the movie is cheap and it doesn't affect anyone else's schedule. At least that's what I did. Especially when it's a movie made in Austin with lots of explosions and gratuitous violence. One of those movies you know going into that it doesn't have to make much sense so you don't worry about how the plot unfolds or question the characters' actions in the film. Just fun. The point of this B movie is that it is suppose to be so bad that it's good. Sometimes resulting in a film that is "Badass". If you understand the guys making the film and what they were trying to do then you would know that this film has reached its goal. Let's just say that this movie is so good that I would never make my wife watch it. But if you're a guy then I think that watching it will make you a better man.




Warning This preview is Graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment