Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Overindulgence of Sucess

So last night while fighting sleep by watching TV I came across a show called "Man vs Food". The host Adam was in Boulder, Colorado at this place called The Buff Restaurant. He tried a dish there called "saddlebags". It's bacon or sausage cooked, mixed in with pancakes and then topped with poached eggs, butter, and maple syrup. Looked like a very unhealthy combination of deliciousness.




For some reason all day today I couldn't get it out of my head. I got the approval from my lovely loving wife and decided to attempt to make what I witnessed the night before. The only problem was I've never poached eggs before. It is highly suggested that you use a little bit of vinegar in the water so the eggs stay together when you put them in the water. (some sort of chemistry i wish i knew more about) I didn't have any vinegar. Apparently if you get the water spinning in the pan when you put the egg in that also helps keep the egg together. It worked well enough. There are also tools you can buy that help but I didn't anticipate needing to cook poached eggs. Needless to say it was a great success. An overindulgence of success.



I normally don't eat two pancakes at once much less eggs and bacon with it. Tonight was all of the above. If tonight's dinner doesn't motivate you to work out I don't know what will.

2 comments: