Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cledus!

I grew up watching Smokey and the Bandit. When I was around 7 I saw cledus (aka snowman...aka Jerry Reed) play at the Fayette County Fair right down the road from some family land outside of La Grange, TX. Wendish territory. Google it. so.... I was too young to realize the talent at the time. I was messing around on the guitar with a country lick recently and Mr. Reed came to mind so here we are. I never realized how good this guy was at the guitar until about five years ago when I finally bought a cd of his. I feel like he was very appreciated by his peers but under appreciated by the media. In case you don't remember smokey and the bandit here is some of his acting chops in waterboy opposite the Fonz and Adam.



Not the best video.

Here's a clip of some of his guitar chops. This is just an instrumental but he had some killer vocals and lyrics as well. Maybe one day a question concering this will come up in some trivia. If so you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment